Monday, October 22, 2007

Implementation of Lesson

I have 19 children in my classroom. I have an even mixture of boys and girls. I have three of them that attend the resource program and seven of them that attend the math basic skills program. My group overall can be considered on the lower side. With this in mind I have to make sure that I can grab my students attention and keep them focused for the task at hand. I feel I was able to accomplish this with the lesson.

I began the lesson by talking about fall, something that they can relate too. Right off the bat I got their attention and I was able to keep it. The children had many activities to do. This allowed the children never to get bored with one aspect of the lesson. I do have to say though that this lesson took a little bit longer than I thought it would. Some of the children really couldn't understand why we use variables. They also had some difficulty when asked to write their own problem, but once they got started they were on a roll. Overall, I was pleased with how my math lesson for today went.

1 comment:

Prof. Bachenheimer said...

How did the lesson i differ if you had planned in your traditional mode?