Monday, October 22, 2007

Online Experience

I have had some classes during my undergraduate work that were completely online, therefore, I was familiar with how online classes work. I really enjoy online classes. I am the type of person who learns and comprehends information better by doing it for myself and that is what the online classes allowed me to do. I do not benefit from sitting and listening to a professor speak. I like to be given a list of work to do and a deadline. I do my best work at my own pace by myself in front of my laptop in the comfort of my own home. I am relaxed during this time. I don't feel rushed because I have a chance to get my thoughts together unlike the days when I have to attend class. Those days consist of me rushing from one place to another - work, home, and then school. Everybody is different, but in my opinion I prefer the online class more.

Overall, I really enjoyed the class and learned a lot about technology. Some of the skills learned I will definitely keep on using because I really enjoyed doing it. For example blogging. I have never done until this class, but now I think it is an interesting way to keep in contact with people, share thoughts, and see what others are thinking. Another reason why I liked blogging was because I am a quiet person. I tend to not like to speak my opinion in front of others, but blogging allows me to state what I feel with little to no anxiety. As we have all stated during this class technology is here and it is here to stay so we better get real comfortable using it.

1 comment:

Prof. Bachenheimer said...

Glad it was a valuable experience for you!